Thursday, October 14, 2010

Why do the good movies always start at 11:30pm?

The movie M. Butterfly was on late last night, delivering a fantastic performance by Jeremy Irons. I vaguely recalled that the movie is based upon a true story, but couldn't remember the exact details. To locate more information about the movie and the true story, I began my search for information at the obvious place, www.imdb.com searching for "M. Butterly". I was able to get a full plot and synopsis, however, not much about the real-life inspiration. Since this information was for my own edification, I chose to resort to the old stand-by for further background information....http://en.wikipedia.org. I initially searched for the film and then linked to information about the individual, Bernard Boursicot about who the story is loosely based. The bottom of the wikipedia entry about Boursicot provides outside references that would be very useful for additional research, ie. articles from the NYT, Time, and the book "The Chinese Secret Service" for further reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment